Paella is a delicious meal that the whole family can enjoy. It can also be healthy and easy to make. What else could you wish for in a recipe?!
- 3 tbsp garlic infused olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 300g paella rice
- Good pinch of saffron
- 200ml white wine
- 100g raw, peeled prawns (halved lengthwise)
- 300g skinned, boneless chicken thighs (chopped in bite-sized chunks)
- 100g chopped chorizo (1cm chunks)
- 1 red pepper deseed and chopped into 1 cm long strips
- 100g peas (fresh or frozen)
- 500ml chicken stock
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan and add the onion. Cook for 5 minutes or until golden and caramelised. Then add the rice and roast it for 1 minute before stirring in the wine and saffron. Bring to the boil and allow to bubble for a few minutes until the wine has evaporated.
Add the chicken to the pan and stir until the chicken is no longer pink on the outside. Then stir in the pepper and add the stock, turn up the heat until it boils.
Allow to simmer for 15 minutes, occasionally stirring, until the rice looks cooked. Feel free to add more stock or a little water at any time if the paella starts to look dry.
Finally add the prawns and peas and allow to cook for a few minutes. When the prawns are cooked add salt and pepper to taste with a splash of lemon juice and serve.