- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 100g of back bacon, trimmed of fat and chopped
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 200g of potatoes peeled and cubed
- 500 ml of chicken stock
- 350ml skimmed milk
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 200g of fish fillets (mix of salmon, cod, pollock) in 2 cm chunks
- 100g of smoked haddock in 2cm chunks
- 1 tbsp chopped chives
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper
Heat the olive oil in a large pan and fry bacon until golden brown.
Add the onion, cook for 5 minutes and then add potatoes, stock and cayenne pepper
Bring to the boil and then simmer until the potatoes are half cooked. Then add the fish and simmer for 5 minutes or until fish is cooked. Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with chopped herbs.